In February 2016, BRC hosted The Summit Institute Training Series, Missional Living in the Daily Grind: Practical Training on Living Missionally in Every Sphere & Season of Life. The first few videos have been released and can be found below.
A lifestyle of living missionally is hard! Anyone who has attempted to live out the mission of a disciple knows that barriers daily surface from sources beyond our control. However, that should be assumed as the norm in a world broken by sin and exactly what Jesus promised his disciples.
The often overlooked and discouraging reality is that most often, it’s the seemingly insignificant choices in our stewardship of our limited time, God ordained relationships and our homes that are silently steal the margin from our lives and make missional living little more than a monthly project.
To help equip our church in dealing with these realities, the content of this series will center on training people in the biblical foundation, gospel perspective & practical “How To’s” which are vital for personal growth in gospel fluency which, enables you to discern the subtle counterfeit treasures and cultural misbeliefs that are the greatest barrier to living missionaly in the daily grind of life.
Here is the entire schedule for the Series.
Week 1 (Tues,Feb 23rd) – Discipleship: The Vehicle of Missional Living
Main Session: Missional Living Foundational Nuts & Bolts
- The Catalyst of Diversity for Mutual Growth & Missional Effectiveness
- Evangelism Together vs. Lone Ranger Evangelist
- Turning Isolated Fortresses Into Disciple Making Factories (families & homes)SJI Forum: Missional Living in the Daily Grind | KJ and Liz Hill from The Sam James Institute on Vimeo.
- Making Disciples in Everyday Life With One Another
Week 2 (Tues, Mar 1st) – Stewardship: The Compass of Missional Living
Main Session: Kingdom Economics + Stewardship Perspective = Missional Living
- Time Management in Light of Eternity
- Vocation: Mission Field or Idol Factory?
- Stewarding the Home and Family
- Stewarding Social Media: Missional Living Profiles
Week 3 (Tues, Mar 8th) – Seasons of Life: The Terrain of Missional Living
Main Session: The Seasons of Spiritual & Missional Fruit
- The Seasons of Parenting
- The Seasons of Young Professionals & Married without Children
- The Seasons of Middle & High School Students
- The Seasons of Livin the Dream….(A,K.A. College)
- The Prime Time Seasons of the Retired & Empty Nesters